Do you fly off the seat of your pants? Decide a course of action as you go along, using your own initiative and perceptions rather than a pre-determined plan or structured aids.
Answered ‘yes’ to the above?
It might be time to manage your time better.
From when you wake up in the morning, to when you go to bed at night, guaranteed you will always be thinking about what you have to do.
We are living in a space where people are time poor and having a spare moment is a serious luxury we can’t seem to afford. We only have so many hours in a day, and to make the best use of this time, it makes sense to structure your day or week to alleviate the pressures of what you’re not achieving.
Time is the one thing that is unchanging, we all have 24hours in a day, what we can change though, is how we use our time.
Here are my 8 top time management tips below:
- Keep a firm grip on the daily schedule is instrumental in making your week run as smoothly as possible.
- Learn to set limits by finding out where your time-suckers are, figure out if you need to spend time on those things, then eliminate things that do not serve you.
- Sit down on a Sunday evening and get a feel for how your week looks and keep your planner up to date.
- Outsourcing tasks is a great way to add value to your day or week. This help can come in the form of a Virtual PA who can help just take the pressure off when you need it.
- Limit your interruptions. These come in the form of app alerts, email messages, and social media. Eliminate these for pockets of time and focus on your tasks at hand.
- Learn to delegate. Delegating to others makes good time management sense.
- Batch your tasks into similar groups. It can help to complete jobs faster if they are similar.
- Find your productivity domain. Identify when you work best to get maximum results and plan your most important work for that time.
Get in touch if you feel you need help to manage your time better.